Happy Thursday, everyone! :) How are you doing lately? Last Tuesday, I had a huge disappointment and an emotional breakdown. Bad vibes were all over me! I won't go into details but I want to send my cyber hugs to Ms. Nikki of AskMeWhats and Ms. Marge of Kikay Trekkie. They kept me sane. How I wish there are my sisters! I get to have the best advice and be surrounded with TONS of make-up. That would be great, right? *Please slap me, I am dreaming!*
Basically, this look was inspired by my emotions last Tuesday -- fierce! I associate the cat eyes with strength. I paired the look with nude lips that symbolizes my silence despite the pain and with red lips to note the words I want to scream out.
|Sorry for my top! I was wearing a loose cropped top. It looked bad and messy.|
1. Create a cat eye pattern using a black eyeshadow. It would be a lot easier to make the cat eyes look the same this method. Also, eyeshadow is easier to erase.
2. If you have achieved your ideal cat eye, trace it over with black gel or liquid eyeliner. I opted to use gel liner because it is less 'shiny' compared to a liquid one.
3. Set the liner with a black eyeshadow. You may go a little above the liner for a smokier effect.
4. Line the lower 2/3 of the lashline with the same black eyeshadow.
5. To further smoke blend and smoke out the look, use a brown eyeshadow.
6. With a clean finger, pat on a shimmering gold eyeshadow on the middle part of the eyelid.
7. Open up the eyes with a shimmering white eyeshadow. Place it on the inner 1/3 of the lower lashline.
8. Line the waterline with a black pencil.
9. Curl lashes and apply generous coats of mascara.
10. Lightly redefine the eyebrows.
11. Put on foundation and conceal imperfections. These steps were put on the last part to clean up the fall outs. The foundation and concealer will also help emphasize the cat eye effect. No pictures, sorry!
12. Contour the face with a matte bronzer. Pat on a light pink blush and highlight the cheekbones.
13. Lastly, apply a nude lipstick. Nude lipsticks are used to tone down the strong eye make-up.
Who said strong eyes won't look good with bold lips?
So I poured all the hurt into this look. This made me regain all the good vibes! Haha!
Ever Bilena Pro Flawless Liquid Foundation in Golden
Ever Bilena Liquid Concealer in Soft Beige
San San Pressed Powder in 01
ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzer
H&M Make-up Set
ELF Highlighting and Countouring Bronzer in Luminance
ELF Eyebrow Kit in Dark
Nichido Single Eyeshadow in Sea Shell
ELF Brightening Eye Color in Drama
Fanny Serrano Gel Eyeliner
Beaumode Mineral Eyeshadow in Charcoal
Beaumode Mineral Eyeshadow in Light Gold
Beaumode Mineral Eyeshadow in White
Davis Waterproof Glitter Eyeliner
Maybelline Volum' Express Hypercurl Mascara in Very Black
Sophie Lipstick in Velvet Nude
Sophie Lipstick in Red Pepper
What do you prefer? The silent lips or the fierce one? :)
I hope you like this look and remember to ALWAYS stay calm! Till then!