If a lipstick is for a lip liner, a powder eyeshadow is for a cream eyeshadow. Makes sense? I hope it does. Cream eyeshadows are commonly used as a base for powder eyeshadows. These make the powder adhere to the lids better. Those with dry eyelids can actually wear the cream eyeshadow alone. In my case, I cannot unless I like the creasing appearance of an eyeshadow.
I got these Kiko Cosmetics cream eyeshadows last May but only used it last week. I don't know why I didn't give these the excitement it deserve. I maybe I am not into cream eyeshadows that much. I prefer using just an eye primer to keep my eyeshadow in place.
I got the shades 09 Azurro and 18 Rosa. Blue and pink for short and easy understanding. Haha! They came in a heart-shaped packaging which I dearly love, by the way.
These are my first cream eyeshadows that came in a pot. These are very creamy which make application a lot easy. I just don't like how its creaminess can be equated to oiliness. I tired using as an eyeshadow alone and guess what? After just 30 minutes, it creased!
Kiko Cosmetics says: Please forgive how it was translated. I just used Google translator.
Price: 1.00 € (about Php62.00)Eyeshadow cream, bright and pearled, gives a delicate satin effect. Cover can be modulated. Available in 12 color variations.
What I like about it:
- I got these for free! -- It is still inexpensive for its price.
- The heart-shaped packaging is super cute!
- Easy to apply
- Has a very smooth texture
- Perfect when used as an eyeshadow base
- Available in 12 shades
What I don't like about it:
- Very oily -- You'll see little to no color after first application.
- Creases easily
- Does not dry matte
- Poor pigmentation!
- I am not a fan of dip-your-finger-into-the-product type of packaging
- Packaging does not lock -- There is a chance that the product will be ruined and/or damaged because the packaging has a huge tendency of opening on its own.
- Not available locally
Will I repurchase?
NO! I am quite satisfied with my creamy eyeshadow sticks as bases.
- I use a brush to apply the product onto my lids. I hate it when product gets stuck inside my nails.
- Never use this particular cream eyeshadow alone! This will definitely crease even to those with dry lids.
- Pat the powder eyeshadow on top of the cream eyeshadow/base to ensure better adherence.
For more information about the Kiko Cosmetics Cream Eyeshadow, click here or just go to their Kiko Cosmetics' website.
I am eying the NYX Jumbo Pencils, hoping I can get my hands on it soon. Do you recommend a great deal from local resellers?