I am very excited to share to you my thoughts on my very first Korean makeup! I never thought I'll get to try one of the more expensive brands when it comes to Korean cosmetics. I was planning to try the ones from Etude House and Tony Moly but I am never lucky because the items I am meaning to get are always out of stock. Anyways, thanks to the Laneige workshop that I attended (read my post about the event HERE) because I received a loot that had the Laneige Snow Crystal Melting Glossy Lipstick in Floral Pink inside. It's in full size, by the way!
I immediately got intimidated by the price tag pasted on its box. It says Php950.00, too expensive for a budget-conscious makeup enthusiast like me. But I also then thought that if I'll end up liking it, I will definitely save money for me to get more shades of it.
Ms. Marge of Kikay Trekkie also has this lipstick but of different shade. She said it's soothing and actually good. It was then I realized I have to try it since I am battling with serious case of worst lip condition. This is what it looks like on me, no primer, lipbalm or whatsoever put prior it.
Soothing? YES! Moisturizing? YES! YES!
What I LIKE about it:
- The packaging looks elegant. -- It may not be as fancy-looking like others but it looks chic and elegant!
- Very moisturizing!
- Smells like a candy
- Does not taste like plastic
- Glides on smoothly
- The gloss is not overwhelming
- Not sticky
- Very natural-looking! -- I love how it looks on me! :)
- I had no allergic reactions or whatever.
- Available in the Philippines! :)
What I DON'T LIKE about it:
- I find it too expensive for a lipstick
- Does not last long on me
- Too soft that it tends to melt easily
- I cannot understand what is written on the box, everything is in Korean!
- Others may not like the sheer pigmentation
Will I repurchase?
NO! I find it expensive for a lipstick. I might try the lipsticks from EH or Tony Moly, though.
- Always keep it in a cool, dry place because it has the tendency to melt easily.
- If you're not a fan of sheer lipsticks, try other shades available.
Check out www.laneige.com for more information about Laneige and its products! :)
This lipstick did good except that I find it too expensive for a lipstick. Nevertheless, I am loving Laneige especially its BB cream! I hope to get one in full size soon. :)