Review: L'Oreal Paris' Infallible LipColour in 110 HibiscusSunday, July 31, 2011
|Why can't I make this two be in their right position?!|
The applicator was made perfect to apply the color precisely on the lips. Getting into the corners is so much easier with its tear-shaped head. The balm is nothing but a balm. Nothing spectacular except that it tastes good and it has the power to seal the lipcolor.
So what does metal pink looks like on my lips and when swatched?
Price: $11.99 (~Php507.00)At last, the first long-wearing lipcolour that will not disappoint. The Infallible Never Fail Lipcolour's patented formula offers superior elasticity for 16 hours of beautiful, comfortable color that wont flake off or wear our mid-lip. An intensely moisturizing complex including Marine Collagen and Vitamin E protects and conditions lips, preventing moisture loss over time. A patented precision applicator an innovative mirrored packaging mean colour goes on-and stays on- beautifully.
Though it promises to stay on for 16 hours, it didn't deliver. I did an extraordinary experiment with this product. The above photo was taken at 10:00AM. I decided to do my normal routine during weekends. I ate lunch, washed dishes, took a bath, roamed around the house, did chores, and others. I also did not reapply the balm. These were time-to-time photos I took during the day.
|I ate adobo for lunch. The oil of it may have cleansed mid-lip.|
- Got this as a gift from my Papa dear! -- Infallible lipsticks are also available in the Philippines at around Php900++ each.
- Compact packaging that fits well in my purse
- Metal pink shade is very unusual for me!
- The packaging can also be used as a mirror -- No need to bring a separate one!
- The tear-shaped applicator applies product precisely.
- The balm tastes good
- Easy to apply.
- It dries in about a minute.
- Available in 24 shades!
What I don't like about it:
- A couple of coats is needed to cover my lips.
- Feels sticky especially when the color is applied
- Dries my lips -- I experienced flaking after 2 hours. I can actually peel the color off my lips.
- May be expensive for some especially when bought locally
- Does not deliver its promise that it will stay on for 16 hours
Will I repurchase?
NO! If all long-wearing lipsticks work like this, then I just won't mind spending 5 minutes to reapply my ordinary lipcolor.
- The formula takes about 1 to 2 minutes to dry. If you want to apply a second coat, make sure that the firs coat is completely dry or else it will just slide off your lips.
- It is very unhygienic to let others use the same applicator.
- Reapply balm regularly to keep the color in place. If not, the color will flake off.
- This particular product was sent from the US so the formulation may not suit the Philippine climate. Please be advised accordingly.
As much as I want long-wearing lipsticks, I was not pleased by the L'Oreal Infallible Lipcolour. I have yet to try more longlasting lipsticks/glosses that would actually deliver! Do you have suggestions?