Review: Wet n' Wild Ultimate Brow KitFriday, December 16, 2011
|Swatches were done with only 1 swipe.|
|Tutorial for this look will be up next! :)|
Mini brow salon in a handy, purse-friendly compact with all the essential tools to shape, smooth, define, and maintain perfect brows. This five-piece set includes a soft wax that shapes brows, two setting powders for definition, a hard angle brush for easy application, and a mini tweezers for stray hairs.
What I LIKE about it:
- Got it for free! -- My Papa sent this to me from the US. I believe this is locally sold at Php399.00 in all Wet n' Wild stalls.
- It has ALL the essential tools for the eyebrows. -- tweezers, slanted brush, gel and powder/s.
- The eyebrow powders are very pigmented! -- A little amount goes a long way!
- No red tints on the powders
- It has a mirror.
- Great for travelling!
- Fits in my kit perfectly
- The brush works good.
- Stays on for a long time! -- No need for touch-ups unless you accidentally scratched your eyebrows and took the product off.
- Locally available in Watsons, SM Department Stores, eBay and some online sellers. -- I heard this is cheaper in eBay.
- Available only in 1 shade -- Ash Brown is perfect for those with dark hair but will look too dark for those with lighter hair.
- The brush and tweezers are too small for my huge hands. -- These tools tend to always slip off my hands whenever I use them.
- The shade is dark for me, now that I have light-colored hair.
- The tweezers don't work.
- The gel/wax tends to wash away the color when put on top of the powder.
- I use the Marrionaud angle/slanted brush whenever I do my brows. It fits my hand and it has a spooly on one end.
- Because the powder is very pigmented, apply it with light hands.
- Use small feathery strokes when applying the powder for a more natural look.
- I use a spooly to make the color a tad lighter to match my current hair color.