Infallible Sunday, July 31, 2011
I just mentioned in a recent post that I am into making my make-up last longer. I am not much of a retouch/reapply person. I usually do not retouch unless it is really that needed! I know that there are so many long-lasting make-up products in the market, especially lipsticks. One that made a huge noise in the beauty section is the L'Oreal Paris' Infallible LipColour.
Mine was sent by my Papa who's in Texas, USA (Hi Pa!) and is in the shade 110 Hibiscus. I asked him to get me whatever shade. He got this metal pink shade because he doesn't like me wearing red lipsticks. I don't know why. My Papa is super cool that he supports me all the way with this passion. Kalandian, actually!
The packaging contains the 2 essential components of this product - the color and the sealer/balm. It is properly labeled so the users will not interchange the use of these two. We usually use the balm before the application of the lipcolor, but with this particular product, the balm is used on TOP of the color to seal it and keep the lips moisturized.
|Why can't I make this two be in their right position?!|
The applicator was made perfect to apply the color precisely on the lips. Getting into the corners is so much easier with its tear-shaped head. The balm is nothing but a balm. Nothing spectacular except that it tastes good and it has the power to seal the lipcolor.
So what does metal pink looks like on my lips and when swatched?
Price: $11.99 (~Php507.00)At last, the first long-wearing lipcolour that will not disappoint. The Infallible Never Fail Lipcolour's patented formula offers superior elasticity for 16 hours of beautiful, comfortable color that wont flake off or wear our mid-lip. An intensely moisturizing complex including Marine Collagen and Vitamin E protects and conditions lips, preventing moisture loss over time. A patented precision applicator an innovative mirrored packaging mean colour goes on-and stays on- beautifully.
Though it promises to stay on for 16 hours, it didn't deliver. I did an extraordinary experiment with this product. The above photo was taken at 10:00AM. I decided to do my normal routine during weekends. I ate lunch, washed dishes, took a bath, roamed around the house, did chores, and others. I also did not reapply the balm. These were time-to-time photos I took during the day.
|I ate adobo for lunch. The oil of it may have cleansed mid-lip.|
Almost no product was left on my lips so I stopped taking photos. It's obvious that it did not last 16 hours on my lips. It actually started to wear off after 2 hours. This was not I expected! Let us consider that the formulation may only be suitable for the US' climate.
What I like about it:
- Got this as a gift from my Papa dear! -- Infallible lipsticks are also available in the Philippines at around Php900++ each.
- Compact packaging that fits well in my purse
- Metal pink shade is very unusual for me!
- The packaging can also be used as a mirror -- No need to bring a separate one!
- The tear-shaped applicator applies product precisely.
- The balm tastes good
- Easy to apply.
- It dries in about a minute.
- Available in 24 shades!
What I don't like about it:
- A couple of coats is needed to cover my lips.
- Feels sticky especially when the color is applied
- Dries my lips -- I experienced flaking after 2 hours. I can actually peel the color off my lips.
- May be expensive for some especially when bought locally
- Does not deliver its promise that it will stay on for 16 hours
Will I repurchase?
NO! If all long-wearing lipsticks work like this, then I just won't mind spending 5 minutes to reapply my ordinary lipcolor.
- The formula takes about 1 to 2 minutes to dry. If you want to apply a second coat, make sure that the firs coat is completely dry or else it will just slide off your lips.
- It is very unhygienic to let others use the same applicator.
- Reapply balm regularly to keep the color in place. If not, the color will flake off.
- This particular product was sent from the US so the formulation may not suit the Philippine climate. Please be advised accordingly.
As much as I want long-wearing lipsticks, I was not pleased by the L'Oreal Infallible Lipcolour. I have yet to try more longlasting lipsticks/glosses that would actually deliver! Do you have suggestions?
Longlasting love for all of you!